The best way to keep your teeth healthy and bright in between dental visits is to follow proper dental hygiene. Our dentists and team in Idaho Falls, Idaho, invite you to read the following oral hygiene tips below to learn if you need to make any adjustments to your current hygiene routine.
- Brush twice a day or after each meal if you can.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Switch out your toothbrush about every three to four months.
- Clean all the inner, outer and chewing surfaces of your teeth for two minutes.
- Floss daily, preferably at night to catch the sticky plaque formed by food particles.
- Guide the floss between your teeth and remove any plaque by using a gentle rubbing motion.
- Use a rotating motion to reach smaller spaces.
- Curve the floss into a C-shape when you approach the gumline.
- Eat a well-balanced diet and limit your sugar intake to help prevent tooth decay.
- Choose tooth-healthy foods for snacks, such as:
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Cubed or sliced cheese
- Plain, whole-grain crackers
- Canned meats or fish
- Natural peanut butter
- Dry roasted peanuts
- Plain popcorn
- Boiled eggs
- Toasted seeds
Have questions about oral hygiene or would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Curtis Godfrey or Dr. Mathew Palmer? Call Excellence in Dentistry today at 208-529-4321.